Old May 17th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella

Default F connectors

"John Ferrell" wrote in message
Thanks to all, I will use F's in my experimenting. I will probably
need to fabricate an adapter for a UHF to F for the rig output but
that is not a big deal.

F-to-BNC are made -- I have a few -- and everybody has BNC-to-UHF, so there
you are.

Old May 17th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
KC1DI

John Ferrell wrote:
Thanks to all, I will use F's in my experimenting. I will probably
need to fabricate an adapter for a UHF to F for the rig output but
that is not a big deal.

de W8CCW John

I've used them here for years in both HF and VHF work .. have had no
problems at 100w Levels even with swr's as High as 10:1.. give it a shot.
73 Dave KC1DI
by the way for all you G5RV users out there.. RG6 75 ohm and
f-connectors work very will and give a bit better of a match to the G5RV
than the standard 50 oh model.

John Ferrell W8CCW

F to UHF PL-259 are quite common I bought several at Radio Shack a
couple years ago assume they still carry them.
73 Dave Kc1di
Old March 20th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I realize this is a late posting to the question. However, the "F" connector
is designed for small signal levels. The male connector does not usually
make strong bond to the coax's shield. Even the center conductor if the
female "F" connector does not have a strong bond. If you tried to push too
much power through the connector you may create intermod or arching. Like
some of the earlier posting stated there are several factors that will
determine how much power can be applied. i.e. SWR, frequency, duty cycle, or
cw, quality of the connector, workmanship of the connection, etc.