RadioBanter

-   -   Interesting listening: W6S/Santa (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/949-interesting-listening-w6s-santa.html)

Bill December 21st 03 07:40 PM

Interesting listening: W6S/Santa

I'm enjoying listening to "Santa" this afternoon. At 19:24 UTC on
18.114 mhz. This is one of the finest services I've witnessed in my
30 plus years of being invlolved in amateur radio. And there has been
a tradition in my home with my children QSO'ing with W6S/"Santa" for a
number of years. W6S/Santa has actually been doing this for 32
years!!

I'm privilaged with perfect propagation this afternoon, so I'm able to
hear the little kids respond to Santa. One of the little peanuts just
said "I love you" out of the blue. I think it took Santa back a bit
and he got a little teary-eyed.

Good stuff. Give's me a little bit of hope for humanity.

73 and Merry Christmas!

Bill - WA8MEA

*NEAT STUFF at
http://qth.com/dwm

Desmoface December 21st 03 09:51 PM

I'm enjoying listening to "Santa" this afternoon. At 19:24 UTC on
18.114 mhz.

Hi Bill...I heard him too..I think I heard a couple santa's throughout the hf
bands this weekend..I believe the one on 17 was 100% qsl'ing all who wanted
one...

73's de kb8viv

Steve