Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 21st 03, 09:08 PM
KC5CQW

Default mag loop

What is the best way to feed a mag loop? I used a 1/5 feed with the shield
and center shorted at the base and a 3/8" gap at the top of the shield
(wa0vsl). Should I solder the shields at the bottom and the center to the
shield at the top? Also, what about the shape of the feed? Mine is an
eliptical shape for bandwidth. Is a circle better? I based my loop on the
octagon from the elecraft website. 73, Damon