RadioBanter

-   -   Voip in Amateur Radio,Voip Updated Howto, (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/97410-voip-amateur-radio-voip-updated-howto.html)

[email protected] June 27th 06 10:19 PM

Voip in Amateur Radio,Voip Updated Howto,

How this is possible, what is the standard, what systems are used, how
cost..

http://flying-rugs.com/voip/VoIP-HOWTO.html

Tom Ring June 28th 06 12:07 AM

wrote:

How this is possible, what is the standard, what systems are used, how
cost..

http://flying-rugs.com/voip/VoIP-HOWTO.html

To begin with this is an antenna page, but we'll ignore that for now. I
do happen to play with VOIP, a lot actually, so I'll go look.

Well, your link points to a page that covers a ton of subjects/mini
white papers related to VOIP, none of which seems to mention amateur
radio. And none of the pages are what I would consider useful. I'd say
you need ask your question with more detail, or post a better link.

Meanwhile, see -

www.trixbox.org

for an open source turnkey PBX. Up in less than an hour (if you are
familiar with telephony).

http://asteriskguru.com/tutorials/

for info on SW/HW which works under the Asterisk PBX. This is the SW
PBX behind the trixbox distribution.

and

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/

for the VOIP wiki.

That ought to keep you busy for a couple minutes.

Good luck.

tom
K0TAR

Jerry Martes June 28th 06 01:32 AM

Voip in Amateur Radio,Voip Updated Howto,

wrote in message
oups.com...

How this is possible, what is the standard, what systems are used, how
cost..

http://flying-rugs.com/voip/VoIP-HOWTO.html

Try google -- Skype -- It cost no $$

Try google -- Wikipedia -- search POIP

Jerry Martes June 28th 06 02:07 AM

Voip in Amateur Radio,Voip Updated Howto,

"Jerry Martes" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

How this is possible, what is the standard, what systems are used, how
cost..

http://flying-rugs.com/voip/VoIP-HOWTO.html

Try google -- Skype -- It cost no $$

Try google -- Wikipedia -- search POIP Or VOIP