RadioBanter

-   -   Radial versus reflection (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/98473-radial-versus-reflection.html)

[email protected] July 11th 06 02:33 AM

Radial versus reflection

Hi to all

This is a related question to an earlier subject.

The ''help'' file of EZNEC says that ''The ground reflections which
cause the low-angle pattern reflections take place farther from the
antenna than most common radial ground systems extend, so ground radial
systems have little or no effect on the ground reflection phenomenon.''

My question: Supposing that there are radiations coming from the
antenna and going downwards (maybe at very steep angle), those rays
could be reflected on the radial system and could add to the pattern,
for any radial length...

The above sentence don't seems to validate such phenomenon.. So any
further explanation would be welcome.

73 de VE2PID

Roy Lewallen July 11th 06 03:23 AM

Radial versus reflection

wrote:
Hi to all

This is a related question to an earlier subject.

The ''help'' file of EZNEC says that ''The ground reflections which
cause the low-angle pattern reflections take place farther from the
antenna than most common radial ground systems extend, so ground radial
systems have little or no effect on the ground reflection phenomenon.''

My question: Supposing that there are radiations coming from the
antenna and going downwards (maybe at very steep angle), those rays
could be reflected on the radial system and could add to the pattern,
for any radial length...

The above sentence don't seems to validate such phenomenon.. So any
further explanation would be welcome.

Note the qualification "low-angle" in the sentence you quoted.
radiations going downward at a steep angle will be reflected off the
ground plane. I tried to explain this in my previous postings, but
apparently wasn't successful.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

[email protected] July 11th 06 03:40 AM

Radial versus reflection

Roy Lewallen wrote:
wrote:
Note the qualification "low-angle" in the sentence you quoted.
radiations going downward at a steep angle will be reflected off the
ground plane. I tried to explain this in my previous postings, but
apparently wasn't successful.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Roy, about the example from another subject, you (correctly)
illustrated that any radiation for an angle of 26 degrees or less will
be beyond the radial field

But what about an angle of say 35 deg below horizon? That ray would
bounce on the radial field, is'nt it?? That 35 deg is an example of a
''steep angle''

Roy Lewallen July 11th 06 06:56 PM

Radial versus reflection

wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:
wrote:
Note the qualification "low-angle" in the sentence you quoted.
radiations going downward at a steep angle will be reflected off the
ground plane. I tried to explain this in my previous postings, but
apparently wasn't successful.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Roy, about the example from another subject, you (correctly)
illustrated that any radiation for an angle of 26 degrees or less will
be beyond the radial field

But what about an angle of say 35 deg below horizon? That ray would
bounce on the radial field, is'nt it?? That 35 deg is an example of a
''steep angle''

Yes, that's correct. With the caution, of course, that the general
explanation is highly simplified.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL