RadioBanter

-   -   Antennal Model? opinions? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/98523-antennal-model-opinions.html)

Zen July 11th 06 11:32 AM

Antennal Model? opinions?

Can anyone who uses Antenna Model software from Terri Software give a
pros and cons summary. I am considering buying the software.

Zenki

Dan Richardson July 11th 06 01:08 PM

Antennal Model? opinions?

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:32:30 +1000, Zen wrote:

Can anyone who uses Antenna Model software from Terri Software give a
pros and cons summary. I am considering buying the software.

I have Antenna Model along with several implementations of NEC (both
NEC2 and NEC4). Which modeling program I used depends upon the antenna
and the type of installation I wish to model as each has its strong
points.

Antenna Model uses the MININEC engine, however, it has been highly
modified which removes many of MININEC's short comings. It is possible
to model some antenna configurations that NEC has difficulty (and visa
versa), for example, a Log periodic with a physical transmission line.
Like most NEC implementations, Antenna Model allows the use the
Sommerfeld ground model - something that other versions of MININEC do
not, however, it will not model buried radials as can be done NEC4.

Antenna Model, like EZNEC, gives excellent customer support. Updates
are free and good for life.

I find having both Antenna Model and NEC based programs gives me the
option of choosing best program for the situation.

73,
Danny, K6MHE