RadioBanter

-   -   Need help on QRM rejection ( WITHOUT A BEAM !!) (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/98537-re-need-help-qrm-rejection-without-beam.html)

Dave July 11th 06 06:48 PM

Need help on QRM rejection ( WITHOUT A BEAM !!)

wrote:
I am working with MARS on 75m. I am seeing some horrific QRM esp today but
generally every day and definitely need some help on rejecting the noise.

SNIPPED

A simple question.

Are you hearing QRM, [M]anmade interference, heterodynes, whistles, etc?

Or, are you hearing lots of static QRN? [N]atural noise sources?

Dave Oldridge July 12th 06 07:10 AM

wrote in :

Dave wrote:

Or, are you hearing lots of static QRN? [N]atural noise sources?

plain old ... usually background, noise. QRN.
but it is so loud that I cannot hear traffic thru it on USB.
This is really bad, especially on a MARS NET call.

Is it possible that these are BPL emissions from a local power line?

Or is it possibly just a bad insulator. If it goes away in the rain, a bad
insulator is the probable cause.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

Cecil Moore July 12th 06 11:57 AM

wrote:
plain old ... usually background, noise. QRN.
but it is so loud that I cannot hear traffic thru it on USB.
This is really bad, especially on a MARS NET call.

Try borrowing a ClearSpeech speaker. Mine turns
some signals from unreadable to readable.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp