RadioBanter

-   -   FA: A KT34A was just listed on eBay for your information only. (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/98646-fa-kt34a-just-listed-ebay-your-information-only.html)

Ron July 12th 06 10:52 PM

FA: A KT34A was just listed on eBay for your information only.

I guess I am not sure if eBay listing are approved on this list if they
are not then let me know and I will not post on this group again.

Being this is an antenna newsgroup and this is an antenna listing I
figured some people might be interested. I just listed a new old stock
KT34A on eBay. Please email me directly with your comments and question
so as not to overpost on this group.

Thanks
Ron WA0KDS

Bob Agnew July 24th 06 01:45 AM

A KT34A was just listed on eBay for your information only.

In general, if I remember correctly, Usenet rules prohibit using newgroups
for buying and selling.

M.M. July 24th 06 01:46 AM

Bob Agnew wrote:
In general, if I remember correctly, Usenet rules prohibit using newgroups
for buying and selling.

Rules? On Usenet? Where did you ever get that idea?

Besides, there are hundreds of newsgroups specifically for buying & selling.

Bob Agnew July 24th 06 02:05 AM

A KT34A was just listed on eBay for your information only.

P.S. Sorry, my bad. A lot of things have changed since I started on the
Arpanet in 1967. I'm pretty sure the rules on the Arpanet prohibited using
newsgroups that way.

M.M. July 24th 06 03:56 AM

Bob Agnew wrote:
P.S. Sorry, my bad. A lot of things have changed since I started on the
Arpanet in 1967. I'm pretty sure the rules on the Arpanet prohibited using
newsgroups that way.

Yep, it was a lot different back then. Even when I got into it in the
80's. The signal-to-noise ratio was much higher. Only a handful of
newsgroups...no trolls...no spam...not even any www...sigh...

Cecil Moore July 24th 06 01:08 PM

M.M. wrote:
Bob Agnew wrote:
In general, if I remember correctly, Usenet rules prohibit using
newgroups for buying and selling.

Rules? On Usenet? Where did you ever get that idea?

Besides, there are hundreds of newsgroups specifically for buying &
selling.

He's talking about the rec.radio.amateur.* newsgroups.
rec.radio.swap is the associated buying/selling newsgroup.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Cecil Moore July 24th 06 01:33 PM

Bob Agnew wrote:
P.S. Sorry, my bad. A lot of things have changed since I started on the
Arpanet in 1967. I'm pretty sure the rules on the Arpanet prohibited using
newsgroups that way.

Hi Bob, there are rec.radio.amateur.* guidelines but a
lot of posters ignore them. Here they a

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/personal-intro/

rec.radio.swap is the group for buying/selling/trading.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp