RadioBanter

-   -   Anyone have any interest in a RT-18/ARC-1 (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/122995-anyone-have-any-interest-rt-18-arc-1-a.html)

sortech August 6th 07 03:50 PM

Anyone have any interest in a RT-18/ARC-1

I got this unit in 1967 and have never used it. It has some western
electric transformers That audio freaks will pay bucks for but I hate to
part it out. Please post if this has any value as a unit.

K3HVG[_2_] August 6th 07 04:33 PM

sortech wrote:
I got this unit in 1967 and have never used it. It has some western
electric transformers That audio freaks will pay bucks for but I hate to
part it out. Please post if this has any value as a unit.

I'd say it certainly does. I'm unsure what WE audio xformers you might
be referring to unless its the 15 watt modulation transformer??? I still
have the manuals and would be interested. What might the condition be
and what is the asking? Tnx. de Jeep/K3HVG

sortech August 7th 07 09:28 PM

K3HVG wrote:
sortech wrote:
I got this unit in 1967 and have never used it. It has some western
electric transformers That audio freaks will pay bucks for but I hate
to part it out. Please post if this has any value as a unit.

I'd say it certainly does. I'm unsure what WE audio xformers you might
be referring to unless its the 15 watt modulation transformer??? I still
have the manuals and would be interested. What might the condition be
and what is the asking? Tnx. de Jeep/K3HVG

It has two single ended audio output transformers that are Western
Electric and a mike input transformer that is Telefunken. I don't know
if the modulation transformer is useful for audio. A pair of the output
transformers recently sold on e-bay for about $250. It would be possible
to use the unit without the transformers using an external audio amp.
The Unit is in good condition but I have never tested it. I do not have
the dynamotors.

K3HVG[_2_] August 8th 07 03:56 PM

sortech wrote:
I got this unit in 1967 and have never used it. It has some western
electric transformers That audio freaks will pay bucks for but I hate to
part it out. Please post if this has any value as a unit.

OK... I'll pass on the unit. Perhaps parting it out would be your best
bet, financially.