RadioBanter

-   -   Old Callbook Request (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/126072-old-callbook-request.html)

K3HVG[_2_] October 15th 07 10:49 PM

Old Callbook Request

Does anyone out there have an asset which one might be able to look up a
vintage, late 1930's (yep... 1930's) name and callsign. In perusing my
parent's old marriage ceremony guest book, one fellow wrote "73" before
his name... Obviously (?) a ham..... I don't think QRZ can handle that
one!!!! hi! Tnx de K3HVG

Radiosrfun October 15th 07 11:02 PM

Old Callbook Request

"K3HVG" wrote in message
Does anyone out there have an asset which one might be able to look up a
vintage, late 1930's (yep... 1930's) name and callsign. In perusing my
parent's old marriage ceremony guest book, one fellow wrote "73" before
his name... Obviously (?) a ham..... I don't think QRZ can handle that
one!!!! hi! Tnx de K3HVG

What was the name? Do you have any other info to go on? Maybe others still
living - who your family can contact from that list - might be able to
provide additional clues - like the area they were from. Undoubtedly, that
would give you a "call" area to look under as well as any name.

W5YI insists they can do some searches, not sure if they can go that far
back.

Michael Black October 16th 07 01:27 AM

Old Callbook Request

K3HVG ) writes:
Does anyone out there have an asset which one might be able to look up a
vintage, late 1930's (yep... 1930's) name and callsign. In perusing my
parent's old marriage ceremony guest book, one fellow wrote "73" before
his name... Obviously (?) a ham..... I don't think QRZ can handle that
one!!!! hi! Tnx de K3HVG

What makes you think he was a ham?

After all, the greeting was used on the wired telegraph system. For
that matter, likely it carried over to commercial radiotelegraphy.

That doesn't mean anything, except that they may never had a ham
license.

MIchael VE2BVW