RadioBanter

-   -   Anyone willing to email me a copy of the Yaesu FR50B User Manual? (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/126561-anyone-willing-email-me-copy-yaesu-fr50b-user-manual.html)

Richard October 30th 07 09:08 AM

Anyone willing to email me a copy of the Yaesu FR50B User Manual?

Hi. I need to look at the FR50B user manual. If anyone is willing to email
me the manual, please do. Much appreciated. Thanks.

My email:

Please remove the word "GARBAGE". Thanks.

Richard October 30th 07 01:53 PM

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi. I need to look at the FR50B user manual. If anyone is willing to email
me the manual, please do. Much appreciated. Thanks.

My email:

Please remove the word "GARBAGE". Thanks.

I'd really like a copy of the user manual, but if that does not materialise,
anyone know the operation of the FR50B?

This is what I THINK it is:

It's a double conversion reciever thus:

\|/RFin RF AMP---- 1st MIX ---- 5173.9 Khz FILTER --

L.Osc (VFO)

---------------------- 2nd -----455 Khz FILTER

MIX

HETERODYNE OSC (5628.9 Khz)

1st IF = 5173.9 Khz
2nd IF = 455 Khz

It's the frequencies that I'm after for each band. To work them out I need
the mixing details.

I think the mixing details a

80 and 40m: 1st IF = L.O - RF in
2nd IF = HET OSC - 1st IF

20.40.12.10m: 1st IF = RF in - L.O.
2nd IF = HET OSC - 1st IF

Can anyone please confirm this? TIA.

Steve H[_2_] October 30th 07 08:56 PM

Richard wrote:
Hi. I need to look at the FR50B user manual. If anyone is willing to
email me the manual, please do. Much appreciated. Thanks.

My email:

Please remove the word "GARBAGE". Thanks.

Have a look at :-

http://foxtango.ham-radio-op.net/60s-70s/60s-70s.htm

HTH

Steve H