RadioBanter

-   -   How to work on a tube amp safely? (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/126570-how-work-tube-amp-safely.html)

[email protected] October 30th 07 11:33 PM

How to work on a tube amp safely?

Hi,

I would like to do some soldering on my Scott tube amp and would like
to know how to do it safely. Is there a way to discharge the stored
electricity.

Thank You, Chris

Brian Hill[_2_] October 31st 07 02:06 AM

How to work on a tube amp safely?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi,

I would like to do some soldering on my Scott tube amp and would like
to know how to do it safely. Is there a way to discharge the stored
electricity.

Thank You, Chris

You release the energy stored in your power supply filter caps and it's done
by using a specialized lead made up of a resistor of adequate size and value
with a alligator clip on one end and a insulted test probe on the other.
Never discharge a capacitor strait to ground. It can damage the component.
Google "capacitor discharge lead"

--
Regards
B.H.