RadioBanter

-   -   Anyone know of a meter repairman? (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/130025-anyone-know-meter-repairman.html)

ELW February 3rd 08 03:16 AM

Anyone know of a meter repairman?

Does anyone know of someone who repairs meter movements (d'Arsonval, Weston
etc)?

OR of an S-meter for a Hallicrafters SX-24 or SX-25?

Thanks.

Smokey WPE9GHF

Note:Please remove "nospam" from above email address when replying.

Chuck Harris February 3rd 08 02:02 PM

ELW wrote:
Does anyone know of someone who repairs meter movements (d'Arsonval, Weston
etc)?

OR of an S-meter for a Hallicrafters SX-24 or SX-25?

Thanks.

Smokey WPE9GHF

I suppose it would depend on what is wrong with the meter. I have successfully
repaired a number of different maladies, but I tend to avoid rewinding the
armatures. Not because it is hard, it isn't, but because the wire sizes are
difficult to find. I have #38, and #40 on hand, but nothing smaller.

-Chuck