RadioBanter

-   -   Westinghouse Maintenance Hints scanned and online (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/130340-westinghouse-maintenance-hints-scanned-online.html)

patrick jankowiak February 12th 08 03:32 AM

Westinghouse Maintenance Hints scanned and online

Westinghouse Maintenance Hints:
Dedicated to the better understanding of modern preventive maintenance

Westinghouse Maintenance Hints, preventive maintenance, ac induction
motor, dc motor, parallel operation of DC generators, commutator
maintenance, bearings, modern motor starters, starting and regulating
rheostats and controllers, pushbutton circuits, DC control circuits,
transformers, transformer connections, circuit breakers, static
controls, lighting maintenance, industrial electronics, insulation,
insulation testing, insulation cleaning and drying, terminal markings,
safety rules, tables and formulae, formulas, trouble charts, HB-6001-MM

scanned at 300DPI, and a very pleasant read.

located prominently at www.bunkerofdoom.com

please advise any errors.

_/\/\/\/\/\_

-- also be sure to check out the link to the Triad Transformer Official
Archive

PJ

located prominently at www.bunkerofdoom.com

please advise any errors.

_/\/\/\/\/\_

-- also be sure to check out the link to the Triad Transformer Official
Archive

PJ

Couldn't get it to run, tried a couple browsers??? Ken

Bill Jeffrey February 12th 08 03:31 PM

located prominently at www.bunkerofdoom.com

Browsing the tutorial on Variac repair, I came across the mention of
Alumi-nu for welding aluminum. I can't find a web reference for it. an
someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Bill

dre7 February 12th 08 04:01 PM

Westinghouse Maintenance Hints scanned and online

Patrick:

Just a thank you for all the valuable information available on your site!

Andrew

located prominently at www.bunkerofdoom.com

please advise any errors.

_/\/\/\/\/\_

located prominently at www.bunkerofdoom.com

please advise any errors.

_/\/\/\/\/\_

-- also be sure to check out the link to the Triad Transformer Official
Archive

PJ

Couldn't get it to run, tried a couple browsers??? Ken

It worked fine for me, although I only tried a few pages of the
Westinghouse manual, and got sidetracked to some of the other great
stuff on the site, of which there is a huge amount.

Two thumbs up for the bunker of doom!

Regards,

John Byrns

Chuck Harris February 12th 08 07:03 PM

located prominently at www.bunkerofdoom.com

Browsing the tutorial on Variac repair, I came across the mention of
Alumi-nu for welding aluminum. I can't find a web reference for it. an
someone point me in the right direction?

I am 99% sure that he is talking about zinc brazing rod. It brazes (solders)
aluminum without needing any flux, and makes a braze that is stronger than
the aluminum(though much more brittle). The biggest problem with zinc brazing
rod, is it has very few degrees between solid and fully molten. Because aluminum
conducts heat so well, if any of the braze in the joint is molten, it all is.
This prevents you from brazing in anything other than the horizontal (flat)
position... the zinc will run out of the joint unless you use a dam to keep it
in the joint.

Zinc brazing rod is available at any welding supply store.

-Chuck