RadioBanter

-   -   HAMMARLUND HQ-100AC Dial Calibration (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/131108-hammarlund-hq-100ac-dial-calibration.html)

[email protected] March 5th 08 10:54 PM

HAMMARLUND HQ-100AC Dial Calibration

Is there an easy way to calibrate the dials on my Hammarlund
HQ-100AC? I am about 200 KHz off. On the 1.6-4 MHz band, my HQ-100
tops out at about 3.8 MHz with both dials fully clockwise.

K3HVG[_2_] March 6th 08 12:02 AM

wrote:
Is there an easy way to calibrate the dials on my Hammarlund
HQ-100AC? I am about 200 KHz off. On the 1.6-4 MHz band, my HQ-100
tops out at about 3.8 MHz with both dials fully clockwise.

Is the dial reading off the same mechanical amount on all bands? If
that's the case, the setscrews in the dial(s) can be loosened and the
dial(s) re-positioned. If its a case of electrical alignment, e.g.: the
dial is off calibration but not the same direction or magnitude on all
bands. If its a mechanical issue, you may have to remove the front
panel* to gain access to the set screws. I don't recall if the
HQ-100/110 allow access with simple removal of the case. I am curious,
however, as to how the receiver got that far off unless a previous owner
got a new set of GC alignment tools for their birthday.? Things do
happen... though. If you'll pass the add'l info, I'm sure we can assist
with an appropriate procedure. Regards de K3HVG

* Also be glad to pass on some hints on front panel removal on
Hammarlund gear.