RadioBanter

-   -   k3iwk enclosures (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/136429-k3iwk-enclosures.html)

Tio Pedro September 7th 08 12:50 AM

k3iwk enclosures

Has anyone tried his chassis's or enclosures?

Pete

Paul P[_2_] September 7th 08 03:39 AM

k3iwk enclosures

"Tio Pedro" wrote in message
Has anyone tried his chassis's or enclosures?

Pete

Pete,

What are you up to? Are you making one of those three tube single speaker
$595 dollar table radios to sell at high end audio stores???!!!

};~)

Paul P.

Tio Pedro September 7th 08 03:44 AM

k3iwk enclosures

"Paul P" REMOVE paul @ REMOVE ppinyot . REMOVEcom wrote in message

"Tio Pedro" wrote in message
Has anyone tried his chassis's or enclosures?

Pete

Pete,

What are you up to? Are you making one of those three tube single speaker
$595 dollar table radios to sell at high end audio stores???!!!

};~)

Paul P.

Souped up HBR receiver, based on a Ted Crosley design..
http://www.qsl.net/k5bcq/HBR/hbr.html
It is turning into a bottomless money pit!

COLIN LAMB September 7th 08 04:12 AM

k3iwk enclosures

I have purchased a couple of chassis kits and they are fine.

Colin K7FM

Paul P[_2_] September 7th 08 04:14 AM

k3iwk enclosures

Souped up HBR receiver, based on a Ted Crosley design..
http://www.qsl.net/k5bcq/HBR/hbr.html
It is turning into a bottomless money pit!

Looks like a fun project.

The schematic has similarities to the National NC300 that I am currently
restoring. I heard the NC303 has some nice engineering differences that
enhance it's performance.

Good luck,

Paul P.

[email protected] September 9th 08 01:49 AM

k3iwk enclosures

Have built several HBR's uing his chassis. He sells nice stuff and is a
fair and honest guy. Get the heavieast material he has. I think it's
0.080" You need a rock solid foundation for a receiver. Be patient when you
assemble it. You need a large flat surface and a good square. If it's not
perfectly square and plumb you'll have hell. If you take your time, you'll
have a chassis that's light years better than any of the Bud, Hammond,etc.
stuff that's available.

Good Luck,
Darrell

Tio Pedro September 9th 08 02:30 AM

k3iwk enclosures

wrote in message
. ..
Have built several HBR's uing his chassis. He sells nice stuff and is a
fair and honest guy. Get the heavieast material he has. I think it's
0.080" You need a rock solid foundation for a receiver. Be patient when
you
assemble it. You need a large flat surface and a good square. If it's not
perfectly square and plumb you'll have hell. If you take your time, you'll
have a chassis that's light years better than any of the Bud, Hammond,etc.
stuff that's available.

Good Luck,
Darrell

Thanks, good endorsement. I appreciate it.

Pete