RadioBanter

-   -   Century 21 bulb miss read (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/139169-century-21-bulb-miss-read.html)

SX-25 December 7th 08 09:41 PM

Century 21 bulb miss read

That incandescent bulb is an 1982 NOT an 1872. Guess I need to get my
eyeball nuts tightened.

WA9VLK

SX-25 December 7th 08 09:48 PM

Century 21 bulb miss read

Man, I'm trying to type this darned posting in too much of a hurry...

OK...breath...

the bulb is an 1892, NOT a "1982" NOR an "1872".

Sheesh.

Anyway...TAKE THE DARNED BULB OUT OF THE METER and see if your drift
diminishes.

WA9VLK

Bryan December 8th 08 03:38 AM

Century 21 bulb miss read

SX-25 wrote:
[snip]
Anyway...TAKE THE DARNED BULB OUT OF THE METER and see if your drift
diminishes.

WA9VLK

I believe I'll continue to drift the same amount as before. ;-)

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC

SX-25 December 8th 08 03:41 PM

Update

After 8 hours of "cooking without the meter bulb" the receiver has drifted
less than 100 cycles (50-80 cycles nominally) , far better stability than
before. To preclude any heating from the finals during long transmit periods
I am going to experiment with moving the finals to the outside of the year
of the case. I'll post my results here for anyone who is interested.