RadioBanter

-   -   Millen items anyone? (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/139170-millen-items-anyone.html)

Theo December 7th 08 10:35 PM

Millen items anyone?

I am looking for the following items:-

Two Millen 64456 456kc Interstage I.F. Transformers
One Millen 64454 456kc I.F. Diode Transformer
One Millen 65456 456kc BFO Assembly

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Theo

Lynn December 8th 08 04:57 AM

Millen items anyone?

"Theo" wrote in message
I am looking for the following items:-

Two Millen 64456 456kc Interstage I.F. Transformers
One Millen 64454 456kc I.F. Diode Transformer
One Millen 65456 456kc BFO Assembly

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Theo,
Could they be "Miller" transformers?
They made lots of stuff like this....... but, sorry, I have none in
junk pile right now, but remember several new "Miller" items with
similar descriptions that I tossed last year. (can't be sure about
the part numbers, but the technical description matches)
Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ

Theo December 8th 08 09:56 AM

Millen items anyone?

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
You may want to try the homebrew site..
Hank

Homebrew site?

Scott Dorsey December 8th 08 02:20 PM

Millen items anyone?

In article ,
Theo wrote:
I am looking for the following items:-

Two Millen 64456 456kc Interstage I.F. Transformers
One Millen 64454 456kc I.F. Diode Transformer
One Millen 65456 456kc BFO Assembly

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

The two IF transformers should be easy to get because you can probably use
scrap ones out of old radios. Alternatively you can make your own:

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/.../IF_Can-1.html
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca/455KHz.html

They won't be exact equivalents to the Millens but they will work
reasonably well.

I'm not sure about the BFO coil offhand.
--scott