Old December 21st 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Can't download from Edebris website? Help

New problem, which I had before and fixed when I reloaded XP.
I don't want to go through again!

I can download files direct from the Bama.sbc.edu site, which
appears to be a FTP file transfer... When I go to Edebris the
files download to a download window but they are corrupted
with only 0 bytes. Oddly, I can go to the mods.dk site, and
download manuals with the correct byte size that can be
opened and viewed. Any clues? I've read where others have
had the same issue, but no one has reported a fix. I suspect an
automatic windoze download did me in...

Pete

Old December 21st 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Tio Pedro" wrote in message
New problem, which I had before and fixed when I reloaded XP.
I don't want to go through again!

I can download files direct from the Bama.sbc.edu site, which
appears to be a FTP file transfer... When I go to Edebris the
files download to a download window but they are corrupted
with only 0 bytes. Oddly, I can go to the mods.dk site, and
download manuals with the correct byte size that can be
opened and viewed. Any clues? I've read where others have
had the same issue, but no one has reported a fix. I suspect an
automatic windoze download did me in...

Pete

I noticed it too the other day but someone had said Heath data was removed
so I thot nothing of it. I have high security rules in my firewall so I
keep remmed lines in the rules for when I FTP or do other specific chores.
I haven't had trouble with other sites though. It's a big mistake to start
tearing apart your own installation because of some website glitch.

Old December 21st 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Tio Pedro" wrote in message
New problem, which I had before and fixed when I reloaded
XP.
I don't want to go through again!

I can download files direct from the Bama.sbc.edu site,
which
appears to be a FTP file transfer... When I go to Edebris
the
files download to a download window but they are corrupted
with only 0 bytes. Oddly, I can go to the mods.dk site,
and
download manuals with the correct byte size that can be
opened and viewed. Any clues? I've read where others have
had the same issue, but no one has reported a fix. I
suspect an
automatic windoze download did me in...

Pete

I also have sometimes had this problem. Try a different
browser and see if that makes any difference, i.e., if you
are using Firefox try IE. Also, some security settings won't
allow you to download unless you override them.
Computers are supposed to be automatic an make life
easier, right?

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL