RadioBanter

-   -   Wanted: RF ammeter (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/140609-wanted-rf-ammeter.html)

SX-25 February 3rd 09 12:19 AM

Wanted: RF ammeter

Looking to buy a good RF ammeter...but only a good one. I've already got a
clunker I bought off of eBay and
don't need a second. Prefer something from 0 - 2 amperes or so. Crummy
lookin' is ok so long as it works.

WA9VLK

Scott Dorsey February 3rd 09 04:17 PM

Wanted: RF ammeter

"SX-25" wrote in message
m...
Looking to buy a good RF ammeter...but only a good one. I've already got a
clunker I bought off of eBay and
don't need a second. Prefer something from 0 - 2 amperes or so. Crummy
lookin' is ok so long as it works.

What's wrong with the clunker you have? It may be repairable.

I will say that it's not too hard to make your own thermocouple ammeters
for HF, and it can be a lot of fun. I haven't tried to repair an existing
one, but it's really just two junctions and a meter.
--scott

terryS February 8th 09 07:22 PM

Wanted: RF ammeter

m...

--
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Have seen a couple of 3 ampere 'Antenna current' TC meters fairly
recently on eBay. UK source I think.

SX-25 February 11th 09 03:41 PM

Wanted: RF ammeter

Thanks to all who responded. I located a perfect RF ammeter from W4ZCB and
have already located a dicey
problem I've been experiencing with a wire antenna.

73 WA9VLK

Lynn February 13th 09 05:46 AM

Wanted: RF ammeter

"SX-25" wrote in message
m...

Thanks to all who responded. I located a perfect RF ammeter from W4ZCB and
have already located a dicey
problem I've been experiencing with a wire antenna.

73 WA9VLK

Ah, yes, an RF Ammeter is such a joy when struggling with wire antennas.
Especially if trying
to load with an inductor. (and a lot more efficient than a series light
bulb)
Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ