RadioBanter

-   -   Hygain 623 (Utopia) (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/141398-hygain-623-utopia.html)

mechanic March 3rd 09 12:15 AM

Hygain 623 (Utopia)

1 Attachment(s)
Any info on this early PLL rig? I have two and some parts from a third and would like to begin restoration, not far to go with rebuild the two!
The 623 is a 23 channel AM/SSB CB transceiver with discrete PLL (several early descrete chips) and is somewhat modifiable. Has multi turn voice lock, single 12JT6A final with about 15 watts out (PEP).

Dale Parfitt[_3_] March 3rd 09 08:37 PM

Hygain 623 (Utopia)

"mechanic" wrote in message

Any info on this early PLL rig? I have two and some parts from a third
and would like to begin restoration, not far to go with rebuild the
two!
The 623 is a 23 channel AM/SSB CB transceiver with discrete PLL
(several early descrete chips) and is somewhat modifiable. Has multi
turn voice lock, single 12JT6A final with about 15 watts out (PEP).

Although I have never been involved with CB, the Utopia is a very nice
looking rig- patterned after the Hy Gain GT amateur series. I have often
thought it would make a fine 10M vintage rig.
Sorry, no info on the "innards"

Dale W4OP

Unca Pete March 3rd 09 09:56 PM

Hygain 623 (Utopia)

Check Peter M. TheManualMan.com website. He might have
the manual...

Pete

[email protected] May 29th 16 02:47 PM

Hygain 623 (Utopia)

Mechanic

Do you have a extra power transformer I have a hygain 623 and need one m6 radio works good but power transformer is bad... :( thanks for any help I'd love to get this radio going my dad had one in the day said it was a awesome radio.