RadioBanter

-   -   Hallicrafter S20R info needed (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/145891-hallicrafter-s20r-info-needed.html)

R Heselberg August 9th 09 03:01 PM

Hallicrafter S20R info needed

Does anyone know if the S20R had to have jumpers on the acc jack on the
back. My recent find at the local swap meet does not have
voltage on the tube fils and if was a easy jumper I would do that rather
then tear it apart. Bob K7MXE
Hey thank you!

Northe August 9th 09 04:35 PM

R Heselberg wrote:
Does anyone know if the S20R had to have jumpers on the acc jack on the
back.

Yes. The octal socket on the back is designed to allow the radio to be
operated from a vibrator power pack, and for AC operation a plug with
one or possibly two jumpers is required. Unfortunately I don't have the
information on which pins need to be jumped handy -- I'm sure someone
will come up with that information.

Northe
N6KO
Green Valley AZ

Ed Engelken August 9th 09 07:29 PM

On Aug 9, 10:35*am, Northe wrote:
* R Heselberg wrote:

Does anyone know if the S20R had to have jumpers on the acc jack on the
back. *

Yes. The octal socket on the back is designed to allow the radio to be
operated from a vibrator power pack, and for AC operation a plug with
one or possibly two jumpers is required. Unfortunately I don't have the
information on which pins need to be jumped handy -- I'm sure someone
will come up with that information.

Northe
N6KO
Green Valley AZ

You need two jumpers. One between pins 3 & 4 and one between pins 6 &
7. --Ed