RadioBanter

-   -   WTB: Knight Knob (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/146427-wtb-knight-knob.html)

Bill M[_3_] September 6th 09 03:56 AM

WTB: Knight Knob

Need a grey knob for a Knight R-195 receiver. Black seems pretty common
but this one wants grey. Only need one.

http://www.sparkbench.com/xknightknobs.jpg

Any war stories or tips on this radio are also welcome.

Thanks,
Bill WX4A

SX-25 September 14th 09 02:21 PM

WTB: Knight Knob

Bill,

If you can't find the grey version I have found excellent results in similar
situations with simply spray painting a black one with a can of high sheen
(high gloss) paint in the desired color. Take an original grey knob to the
hardware store, though, because there are many shades of "grey."

GL

WA9VLK

Bill M[_2_] September 14th 09 03:27 PM

WTB: Knight Knob

SX-25 wrote:
Bill,

If you can't find the grey version I have found excellent results in
similar situations with simply spray painting a black one with a can of
high sheen (high gloss) paint in the desired color. Take an original
grey knob to the hardware store, though, because there are many shades
of "grey."

GL

WA9VLK

I could live with that. Do you have an extra black one?

Tnx
-Bill