RadioBanter

-   -   Standard Surplus, San Francisco (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/146648-standard-surplus-san-francisco.html)

trains4 September 14th 09 06:50 AM

Standard Surplus, San Francisco

Many years ago, late 50's early 60's, there was an electronic surplus
store on Market St. in San Francisco. I believe it was Standard
Surplus. Can anyone confirm the name and address?
Thanks,
Gene

[email protected] December 7th 12 04:53 AM

Standard Surplus, San Francisco

Gene,

That was one of my favorite shops. It was one of several surplus stores in the area, but it had the most extensive selection of all of them. It was located at 1240 Market St. In the next block to the North-East of Fox Plaza.

73.......Allan

Michael Black[_2_] December 7th 12 04:09 PM

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012, wrote:

Gene,

That was one of my favorite shops. It was one of several surplus stores
in the area, but it had the most extensive selection of all of them.
It was located at 1240 Market St. In the next block to the North-East of
Fox Plaza.

73.......Allan

Gene's not here. While you at least didn't reply to his old message, you
are posing in response ot a message from 2009. Chances are good he's not
reading the newsgroup anymore, and according to google, that was his only
message to Usenet (at least from that email address), so he was a hit and
run poster.

Michael