RadioBanter

-   -   AN/ALR-3 Radar Warning Receiver info wanted (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/148380-alr-3-radar-warning-receiver-info-wanted.html)

VK3XAO December 3rd 09 05:33 AM

AN/ALR-3 Radar Warning Receiver info wanted

It’s kind of a long shot, but here goes: I’m looking for information,
especially the TM on the AN/ALR-3 radar warning receiver used on SP-2H
(P2V-7) aircraft. Xcvr is identified as 'R467/ALR'. The AN/ALR-3, an E/
J-Band ECM Receiver was used in conjunction with AN/ALR-8 equipment. I
have both the receiver and the associated control box C-1933/ALR and
have tested the device – I have 115V 400 Hz power – and am still
trying to think of an application for it!

Thanks,

John Mackesy

Scott Dorsey December 3rd 09 01:35 PM

AN/ALR-3 Radar Warning Receiver info wanted

VK3XAO wrote:
It=92s kind of a long shot, but here goes: I=92m looking for information,
especially the TM on the AN/ALR-3 radar warning receiver used on SP-2H
(P2V-7) aircraft. Xcvr is identified as 'R467/ALR'. The AN/ALR-3, an E/
J-Band ECM Receiver was used in conjunction with AN/ALR-8 equipment. I
have both the receiver and the associated control box C-1933/ALR and
have tested the device =96 I have 115V 400 Hz power =96 and am still
trying to think of an application for it!

The TM used to be on the military LOGSA website, but after 9-11 that got
locked down severely out of sheer paranoia.

I know that Fair Radio Sales had a lot of those receivers and they probably
have the manuals for them also.
--scott

VK3XAO December 9th 09 12:07 AM

--
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Thanks Scott. Tried them, they don't have anything. Still looking.
It's gotta be out there somewhere.

John