RadioBanter

-   -   Another SX-42 question (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/149246-another-sx-42-question.html)

clive & kristi ingram January 17th 10 10:34 PM

Another SX-42 question

Can anyone tell me, when unlocking BANDSPREAD dial and turning the
BANDSPREAD knob fully clockwise, is the BANDSPREAD DIAL supposed to reach
its turn limit on or near the red "ZERO" line or is it supposed to reach its
limit on or near the low end of bandspread frequency arcs (coinciding with
the logging scale number "100")? If you have an SX-42, does your BANDSPREAD
track reasonably closely when placed on the ham band "dots" on the MAIN
TUNING dial?

Thanks for the continued help with this project.

ci

Ed Engelken January 17th 10 11:55 PM

Another SX-42 question

On Jan 17, 4:34*pm, "clive & kristi ingram"
wrote:
Can anyone tell me, when unlocking BANDSPREAD dial *and turning the
BANDSPREAD knob fully clockwise, is the BANDSPREAD DIAL supposed to reach
its turn limit on or near the red "ZERO" line or is it supposed to reach its
limit on or near the low end of bandspread frequency arcs (coinciding with
the logging scale number "100")? If you have an SX-42, does your BANDSPREAD
track reasonably closely when placed on the ham band "dots" on the MAIN
TUNING dial?

The bandspread dial should read ZERO when the bandspread capacitor is
at minimum capacity i.e., when the plates are in the un-meshed
position. On my SX-42 the 20-meter band is right side of ZERO and the
remaining bands are on the left side of ZERO. The minimum capacity
(un-meshed position) of the bandspread capacitor is in the middle of
its rotation range and the bandspread dial should read ZERO there. --
Ed