RadioBanter

-   -   S-meter for BC-348 / BC-312 (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/150892-s-meter-bc-348-bc-312-a.html)

Antonio Vernucci April 16th 10 09:15 PM

S-meter for BC-348 / BC-312

Searching the web I was unable to find a diagram for adding an S-meter to the
BC-312 and BC-348.

Clearly I could try typical S-meter circuits, but I wish to keep the receiver as
original as possible, and I would then prefer to directly build a proven
circuit.

The circuit should have a fairly simple interface with the receiver, so that the
meter can be easily put externally,

Thanks and 73

Tony I0JX

Rome - Italy

denali April 17th 10 01:02 AM

S-meter for BC-348 / BC-312

On Apr 16, 1:15*pm, "Antonio Vernucci" wrote:
Searching the web I was unable to find a diagram for adding an S-meter to the
BC-312 and BC-348.

Clearly I could try typical S-meter circuits, but I wish to keep the receiver as
original as possible, and I would then prefer to directly build *a proven
circuit.

The circuit should have a fairly simple interface with the receiver, so that the
meter can be easily put externally,

Thanks and 73

Tony I0JX

Rome - Italy

My first serious receiver was a BC-312.... 1952 I think. Except for
the lack of band-spread it's a great receiver. Here is a link to a
circuit for adding an S-meter. I don't recall how I modified mine,
but this looks good.

http://www.mines.uidaho.edu/~glowbug.../BC342mods.pdf

Don ex KL7BCQ and W7SAT

Antonio Vernucci April 17th 10 08:03 AM

S-meter for BC-348 / BC-312

My first serious receiver was a BC-312.... 1952 I think. Except for
the lack of band-spread it's a great receiver. Here is a link to a
circuit for adding an S-meter. I don't recall how I modified mine,
but this looks good.

http://www.mines.uidaho.edu/~glowbug.../BC342mods.pdf

Don ex KL7BCQ and W7SAT

Thanks for info. It looks fairly simple and implies a fairly simple and
restorable modification.

I must check whether the same circuit can be used for the BC-348 too.

Thanks & 73

Tony I0JX