RadioBanter

-   -   Drake filter by Sherwood Engineering (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/154695-drake-filter-sherwood-engineering.html)

Evan October 9th 10 04:42 PM

Drake filter by Sherwood Engineering

Fellow Drake Enthusiasts,

I have a 2 kc narrow SSB filter for the Drake R4C made by Sherwood
Engineering. It is somewhat uncommon because it is a 16 pole filter
and not 8 poles like the standard (optional) filters. I am unable to
find any specs on this filter, graphs of skirt shape, etc. Would be
interested in a hard copy or electronic copy of any info that is
available for this filter.

Thanks for reading this post and enjoy those Drakes.

73,

Evan, K9SQG

Antonio Vernucci October 9th 10 05:11 PM

"Evan" ha scritto nel messaggio
Fellow Drake Enthusiasts,

I have a 2 kc narrow SSB filter for the Drake R4C made by Sherwood
Engineering. It is somewhat uncommon because it is a 16 pole filter
and not 8 poles like the standard (optional) filters. I am unable to
find any specs on this filter, graphs of skirt shape, etc. Would be
interested in a hard copy or electronic copy of any info that is
available for this filter.

Thanks for reading this post and enjoy those Drakes.

73,

Evan, K9SQG

I have that filter since almost 30 years. It is three times bigger than a normal
Drake filter. It bears the label CF-2K/16.

I have a one-page datasheet from Sherwood, in which they state that its bandwith
@6dB is 1,800 Hz.

If you give me an e-mail address, I woll send you a scan of that page.

73

Tony I0JX
Rome Italy

Evan November 2nd 10 01:41 AM

On Oct 9, 12:11*pm, "Antonio Vernucci" wrote:
"Evan" ha scritto nel ...

[...]

Tony,

Yes, I would greatly enjoy seeing a scan of that data sheet. Thanks
so much.

73,

Evan, K9SQG

Antonio Vernucci November 2nd 10 09:23 PM

Drake filter by Sherwood Engineering

Drake filter. It bears the label CF-2K/16.

I have a one-page datasheet from Sherwood, in which they state that its
bandwith
@6dB is 1,800 Hz.

If you give me an e-mail address, I woll send you a scan of that page.

73

Tony I0JX
Rome Italy

Tony,

Yes, I would greatly enjoy seeing a scan of that data sheet. Thanks
so much.

73,

Evan, K9SQG

OP I'll send it to your e-mail address right away.

73

Tony I0JX