RadioBanter

-   -   Hammarlund Telechron (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/155260-hammarlund-telechron.html)

soulstreamer October 31st 10 11:57 AM

Hammarlund Telechron

I have a Telechron clock on a Hammarlund HQ 145. It works fine but is missing the extension shaft that protrudes out the back. To set the clock, I have to disasseble the unit, and turn the shaft with a needle nose vice grip.
Very much a pain in neck. Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks, Tom Katzele

Dave Heil[_2_] November 1st 10 09:17 PM

Hammarlund Telechron

On 10/31/2010 11 57, soulstreamer wrote:
I have a Telechron clock on a Hammarlund HQ 145. It works fine but is
missing the extension shaft that protrudes out the back. To set the
clock, I have to disasseble the unit, and turn the shaft with a needle
nose vice grip.
Very much a pain in neck. Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks, Tom Katzele

Tom, just visit a hobby shop which sells small diameter brass or copper
tube. Solder a piece of tubing long enough to pass through the back of
the cabinet with a little to spare. In an old HQ-170, I found that a
knob designed for and 1/8" shaft fit the tubing nicely. Good luck.

Dave Heil K8MN