RadioBanter

-   -   F.S. Hallicrafters S-38EB. (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/159674-re-f-s-hallicrafters-s-38eb.html)

KD7HB February 14th 11 03:35 AM

F.S. Hallicrafters S-38EB.

Why don't you fix it and then ask for $40?

Paul, KD7HB

jon boy kg4gfu February 14th 11 05:31 PM

F.S. Hallicrafters S-38EB.

On Feb 13, 10:35*pm, KD7HB wrote:
Why don't you fix it and then ask for $40?

Paul, KD7HB

Greetings Paul!

Doing the repairs on the radio is what I am trying to avoid. I just
don't want to spend the time on this one. I do see one mistake in my
original post. I said that the radio although in good shape inside
needs to be "replaced", and of course what I meant to say is that it
should be "recaped". Also do remember it does work, it just needs a
little work which I have detailed.

I felt that based on the Ebay prices generally being a bit higher for
the same model radio in not as good condition, and also knowing what I
paid for it that I would start where I did. What whould you feel
would be a more realistic price? I also would consider offers. I do
appreciate your, or anyone elses input. Have a great week! Jon Boy.
kg4gfu.