RadioBanter

-   -   crystal socket (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/185833-re-crystal-socket.html)

Tim Wescott May 30th 12 05:29 PM

crystal socket

On Mon, 21 May 2012 00:49:25 -0400, Robb wb8bhu wrote:

I am looking for a black phenolic (bakelite) FT-243 crystal socket.
Anyone know where I can obtain one? Or have one to sell? Robb

Have you checked Antique Radio Supply (www.tubesandmore.com)? If they
don't have it, they'll have the tube sockets that Fred mentions.

If you've just GOT to have a square socket (i.e., if you're putting it in
a radio or something) see if you can file a tube socket to fit. You
probably won't be -- but it's a thing to check.

http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott May 30th 12 05:41 PM

crystal socket

On Wed, 30 May 2012 11:29:45 -0500, Tim Wescott wrote:

On Mon, 21 May 2012 00:49:25 -0400, Robb wb8bhu wrote:

I am looking for a black phenolic (bakelite) FT-243 crystal socket.
Anyone know where I can obtain one? Or have one to sell? Robb

Have you checked Antique Radio Supply (www.tubesandmore.com)? If they
don't have it, they'll have the tube sockets that Fred mentions.

If you've just GOT to have a square socket (i.e., if you're putting it
in a radio or something) see if you can file a tube socket to fit. You
probably won't be -- but it's a thing to check.

Well -- out of curiosity I checked, and ARS should maybe rename
themselves "tube guitar amp supply".

A wider search hit -- of course -- fleabay. These are white: did you do
a search there?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=FT-243+socket

http://www.wescottdesign.com