RadioBanter

-   -   Circuit for fm linear 87,5-108 mhz with tube 3cx1500/8877 (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/186176-circuit-fm-linear-87-5-108-mhz-tube-3cx1500-8877-a.html)

alex-gr June 15th 12 12:10 AM

Circuit for fm linear 87,5-108 mhz with tube 3cx1500/8877

Good morning from Greece,
please exist anyone who have a credible circuit for fm amplifier(87,5-108mhz) that uses tube 3cx1500 to send it to me?
If you attach photos would be a great help...
Thanks.

Michael Black[_2_] June 15th 12 09:36 AM

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012, alex-gr wrote:

Good morning from Greece,
please exist anyone who have a credible circuit for fm
amplifier(87,5-108mhz) that uses tube 3cx1500 to send it to me?
If you attach photos would be a great help...
Thanks.

If it's for FM, it's not a linear.

It's the wrong frequency for this newsgroup, indeed if you're talking
about such a high power tube you aren't in the proper league to build it
yourself.

Michael

Scott Dorsey June 15th 12 03:31 PM

alex-gr wrote:

Good morning from Greece,
please exist anyone who have a credible circuit for fm
amplifier(87,5-108mhz) that uses tube 3cx1500 to send it to me?

If it's for FM, it's not a linear.

Try the Broadcast Electronics FM-1B, which used one of those 8877s as the
final. They were solid and reliable and turn up surplus at reasonable
prices. You should be able to find schematics online.

If you attach photos would be a great help...

Surplus FM transmitters are far cheaper than attempting to build your own.
Try Mooretronix or Armstrong Transmitters, both of which should drop-ship
to Greece.

The 8877 will need about 100 watts input power for FM broadcast use, so
it's not like some of the tetrodes which can just be driven right off a
10W exciter. Remember, it's not a linear... you _have_ to provide enough
input drive or it won't turn on at all. No, a 6146 won't provide enough power.
--scott

alex-gr June 17th 12 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Dorsey (Post 792031)
alex-gr wrote:

[...]

Dear Scott,
thanks for the update, if you attach me a link for the fm amplifier by tube 8877 will help me a lot,

Alex