RadioBanter

-   -   Need A Schematic For A Drake SW2 Shortwave Receiver (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/191420-need-schematic-drake-sw2-shortwave-receiver.html)

fsphotos January 11th 13 07:05 PM

Need A Schematic For A Drake SW2 Shortwave Receiver

Looking for the schematic for my fathers Drake SW2 shortwave receiver that needs repairs. The schematic is not in the operators manual and Drake states that they no longer support the radio. Some copies of the schematic were sold by Drake which stopped sometime in 2012 because they were bought out, downsized, moved and many workers were let go. If anyone that was lucky enough to get a copy of the schematic please contact me. A copy, a photo or a scan would be great. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Dorsey January 13th 13 08:25 PM

fsphotos wrote:

Looking for the schematic for my fathers Drake SW2 shortwave receiver
that needs repairs. The schematic is not in the operators manual and
Drake states that they no longer support the radio. Some copies of the
schematic were sold by Drake which stopped sometime in 2012 because they
were bought out, downsized, moved and many workers were let go. If
anyone that was lucky enough to get a copy of the schematic please
contact me. A copy, a photo or a scan would be great. Any help would be
appreciated.

I am pretty sure there is a full manual with schematics in BAMA. I recently
was given an SB-2 with sensitivity issues and saw the SW-2 manual while
looking for the SB-2 one in BAMA.

The SW2 should not be too hard to work on; it is a big step up from an AA5
but there isn't anything too weird about it.
--scott