RadioBanter

-   -   Looking for Service/Manuals for Stoddart NM-7A 20Hz to 50kHz receiver (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/250855-looking-service-manuals-stoddart-nm-7a-20hz-50khz-receiver.html)

Ingolf[_2_] December 10th 17 12:54 PM

Looking for Service/Manuals for Stoddart NM-7A 20Hz to 50kHz receiver

Hi guys,

maybe someone knows where or how to get manuals for this VLF-reciever/µV-
Meter: Carnel/Stoddart/Eaton/Singer NM-7A

any hint could help, 73
Ingolf, DH0PE

Scott Dorsey December 10th 17 02:15 PM

Ingolf wrote:
Hi guys,

maybe someone knows where or how to get manuals for this VLF-reciever/µV-
Meter: Carnel/Stoddart/Eaton/Singer NM-7A

I do not, and what is worse I have a Stoddart NM-12AT VLF field strength meter
that I don't have a manual for. It appears to be nearly deaf, and I don't know
if that is due to a calibration problem, an operator problem, or the meter
itself.
--scott

Ingolf[_2_] December 11th 17 07:55 PM

Am Sun, 10 Dec 2017 09:15:57 -0500 schrieb Scott Dorsey:

Ingolf wrote:
Hi guys,

maybe someone knows where or how to get manuals for this
VLF-reciever/µV-
Meter: Carnel/Stoddart/Eaton/Singer NM-7A

I do not, and what is worse I have a Stoddart NM-12AT VLF field strength
meter that I don't have a manual for. It appears to be nearly deaf, and
I don't know if that is due to a calibration problem, an operator
problem, or the meter itself.
--scott

I found a "source" but they want to have nearly 90€ for a copy and
postage ... It's a surplus trader, who wants to sell a complete unit and
not to motivate me to repair may old one.

By they way I've no idea what to do with this 20Hz to 50kHz (!) receiver,
any hints?

-- Ingolf, DH0PE

Scott Dorsey December 12th 17 02:00 AM

Ingolf wrote:
I found a "source" but they want to have nearly 90€ for a copy and
postage ... It's a surplus trader, who wants to sell a complete unit and
not to motivate me to repair may old one.

That's a problem.

By they way I've no idea what to do with this 20Hz to 50kHz (!) receiver,
any hints?

If it works, you could listen to the Christmas broadcast of SAQ Grimeton!
Should be 5-9 where you are.
--scott

Ingolf[_2_] December 13th 17 09:59 AM

Looking for Service/Manuals for Stoddart NM-7A 20Hz to 50kHzreceiver

By they way I've no idea what to do with this 20Hz to 50kHz (!)
receiver,
any hints?

If it works, you could listen to the Christmas broadcast of SAQ
Grimeton!
Should be 5-9 where you are.

Good idea and the rest of the year?
.... If it works - but it doesn't.
Ingolf, DH0PE

Scott Dorsey December 14th 17 02:00 PM

Ingolf wrote:

By they way I've no idea what to do with this 20Hz to 50kHz (!)
receiver,
any hints?

If it works, you could listen to the Christmas broadcast of SAQ
Grimeton!
Should be 5-9 where you are.

Good idea and the rest of the year?

You can use it to make audio proof of performance measurements?

... If it works - but it doesn't.

Yes, sadly that's the problem with my Stoddard also.
--scott

Ingolf[_2_] December 17th 17 08:37 PM

Am Thu, 14 Dec 2017 09:00:34 -0500 schrieb Scott Dorsey:

... If it works - but it doesn't.

Yes, sadly that's the problem with my Stoddard also.

So I decided to open the unit and wow: They included a tool to remove the
cards and a card-extender to put the cards on for serviceing. It would be
a pity to disassemble it and salvage parts from ...

Ingolf, DH0PE