RadioBanter

-   -   Alliance antenna rotor swap (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/25100-alliance-antenna-rotor-swap.html)

Scott Dorsey January 10th 05 06:24 PM

Alliance antenna rotor swap

I have an Alliance four-wire antenna rotator, with the fourth wire providing
a contact closure indicating end-of-travel. It's up on the tower and I do
not really want to go up there and swap it out if I can avoid it. These
require a control box with a motor in it that moves an indicator in synch
with the rotator.

I have an Alliance four-wire control box. BUT, the control box is one of the
older sort with a solenoid and ratchet. These boxes require a rotator that
produces a pulse every few degrees of operation so that the control box needle
is advanced in steps with each one. This box has recently been torn down and
rebuilt, with a new capacitor and recent lubrication. The bakelite cabinet has
been polished until it shines like a new dish.

These are not compatible. Anybody in the opposite situation care to
exchange control boxes? Or someone with a stray control box care to sell
theirs?
--scott