RadioBanter

-   -   FS: Complete Drake Station w/ extras (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/2926-fs-complete-drake-station-w-extras.html)

Al Lorona July 17th 03 08:03 PM

FS: Complete Drake Station w/ extras

Drake R-4A and T-4X, AC-4, MS-4. The receiver has some of the VE3EFJ
mods, the transmitter is unmodified. A list of the mods follows:

1. New power supply filter capacitors mounted underneath chassis,
original filter cans left in place on top.

2. Regulated +10V power supply replaces tube regulator. All original
components left in place. (Receiver runs much cooler as a result of this
modification.)

3. Audio power amplifier has been replaced by a solid state (TDA 2611)
PA module. Again, the original tube and components are still there.

The VE3EFJ mods are well-documented. I have a copy of them that I can
include with the manuals, but they are also available on the web. Search
for "VE3EFJ drake mods".

The receiver has a full complement of JAN crystals (purchased in 1997)
for the following bands:

1.5 - 2.0 MHz
4.5 - 5.0 MHz
9.5 - 10.0 MHz
14.5 - 15.0 MHz
18.0 - 18.5 MHz
20.0 - 20.5 MHz
24.5 - 25.0 MHz
28.0 - 28.5 MHz

Therefore, you have transmit on 160 m, 17 m, 12 m and 10 m bands, with
receive of most WWV frequencies and some shortwave bands.

I have digital photographs that I can e-mail to you showing the
equipment, mods, cabinets, etc. (Sorry, I don't have a web site where I
can post them.)

All interconnect cables included.

Both original manuals in very good condition. (Photo available on
request.)

In addition, I purchased a number of new Drake parts when the Drake
factory liquidated itself of all parts in stock a few years ago, which
are
included in the deal. These mainly consist of IF cans with coils,
switches, a 5945 kHz crystal, spare PC boards, etc.

I also have four 6JB6 tubes in original boxes that are part of the
package. These are spare finals for the transmitter.

To sweeten the deal, I will include a (fair condition) Shure 444
microphone with the difficult-to-find right-angle Drake-sized mic
connector.

I am in the Los Angeles area and would really prefer to sell to somebody
local. I will deliver to a 100-mile radius.

Price: $225.00.

Thank you for reading. Please feel free to reach me by e-mail, or by
telephone at 626 390 3257.

Regards,

Al W6LX

Yardleyite July 20th 03 12:03 AM

I'm interested but live near Phila, Pa. will u ship?
Joe N3IBX