RadioBanter

-   -   Sortable tube database (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/292821-sortable-tube-database.html)

Bob Liesen August 12th 20 02:19 AM

Sortable tube database

Hi gang,
I'm reverse engineering a simple homebrew regen rx that is missing it's single tube. It used a 7 pin miniature single triode, that much is clear, but I don't know what type.
I do know which pins are heater, grid, etc., but don't want to page through my old tube books looking for a match. I have already looked up the common guesses (6C4) etc., but no joy.
Anyone know of a sortable tube database where I can sort by grid = pin 1, heater = pins 2 and 3, etc?

Tnx
Bob WB0POQ

Scott Dorsey August 12th 20 02:51 AM

Sortable tube database

Bob Liesen wrote:
Hi gang,
I'm reverse engineering a simple homebrew regen rx that is missing it's single tube. It used a 7 pin miniature single triode, that much is clear, but I don't know what type.
I do know which pins are heater, grid, etc., but don't want to page through my old tube books looking for a match. I have already looked up the common guesses (6C4) etc., but no joy.
Anyone know of a sortable tube database where I can sort by grid = pin 1, heater = pins 2 and 3, etc?

The RCA Receiving Tube Handbook has something like this. You figure out
the basing type and then there is a cross-reference that shows you all
the tubes with that pinout.

What pinout is it and are you sure it's a triode and not, say, a 6AU6 wired
in triode mode?
--scott

WA6KNW RICH August 12th 20 07:51 AM

Sortable tube database

You should look at one of the ARRL Hand Book from the 50's that has a chapter on receiver design and may give you some insight to your quest.

RICH WA6KNW

Bob Liesen August 13th 20 03:06 PM

Sortable tube database

On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 8:19:38 PM UTC-5, Bob Liesen wrote:
Hi gang,
I'm reverse engineering a simple homebrew regen rx that is missing it's single tube. It used a 7 pin miniature single triode, that much is clear, but I don't know what type.
I do know which pins are heater, grid, etc., but don't want to page through my old tube books looking for a match. I have already looked up the common guesses (6C4) etc., but no joy.
Anyone know of a sortable tube database where I can sort by grid = pin 1, heater = pins 2 and 3, etc?

Tnx
Bob WB0POQ

Found several. They are all variations on a single triode with a double diode. Now to see if I have any. ;)

Tnx to all.

Bob WB0POQ

Scott Dorsey August 14th 20 12:49 PM

Sortable tube database

Bob Liesen wrote:
On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 8:19:38 PM UTC-5, Bob Liesen wrote:
Hi gang,
I'm reverse engineering a simple homebrew regen rx that is missing it's single tube. It used a 7 pin miniature single triode, that much is clear, but I don't know what type.
I do know which pins are heater, grid, etc., but don't want to page through my old tube books looking for a match. I have already looked up the common guesses (6C4) etc., but no joy.
Anyone know of a sortable tube database where I can sort by grid = pin 1, heater = pins 2 and 3, etc?

Found several. They are all variations on a single triode with a double diode. Now to see if I have any. ;)

The ubiquitous one of those was the 6AV6 used in AA5 sets. Readily available
at the supermarket for kids wanting to build radios.
--scott

Michael_A_Terrell August 18th 20 06:40 PM

Sortable tube database

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Bob Liesen wrote:
On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 8:19:38 PM UTC-5, Bob Liesen wrote:
Hi gang,
I'm reverse engineering a simple homebrew regen rx that is missing it's single tube. It used a 7 pin miniature single triode, that much is clear, but I don't know what type.
I do know which pins are heater, grid, etc., but don't want to page through my old tube books looking for a match. I have already looked up the common guesses (6C4) etc., but no joy.
Anyone know of a sortable tube database where I can sort by grid = pin 1, heater = pins 2 and 3, etc?

Found several. They are all variations on a single triode with a double diode. Now to see if I have any. ;)

The ubiquitous one of those was the 6AV6 used in AA5 sets. Readily available
at the supermarket for kids wanting to build radios.

The AA5 used a 12AV6. The 6AV6 was used in transformer powered
radios, or 6V car radios.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.