RadioBanter

-   -   Help with SX-71 knobs... (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/2938-help-sx-71-knobs.html)

Jos July 19th 03 11:21 PM

Help with SX-71 knobs...

I acquired an SX-71. Been in a basement for a looooong time.
The reception and tone knobs will not come off..They have hex head set
screws..
I have tryed WD-40..
Brake fluid...
Tapping..
Everything but blasting...: P
Also does anyone have the specs to the tone pot?..audio taper I assume..
Anybody with any suggestions?..Thanks..Josh

WGrills July 22nd 03 06:34 PM

Josh: Be aware that many of the Hallicrafters knobs have 2 set screws, one on
top of the other, as a lock. If this is the case. you must of course remove the
top set screw to loosen the bottom screw. Hope this helps!