RadioBanter

-   -   WTB Mosley receiver (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/4073-wtb-mosley-receiver.html)

Dave Edwards October 17th 03 02:25 PM

WTB Mosley receiver

Don't need a model number, I think there was only one...
Anyone have one of these receivers around that they are no longer
interested in?
I always wanted to fool with one, so...just thought I would check here.
Thanks....Dave

Dale Parfitt October 17th 03 05:38 PM

Dave Edwards wrote:

Don't need a model number, I think there was only one...
Anyone have one of these receivers around that they are no longer
interested in?
I always wanted to fool with one, so...just thought I would check here.
Thanks....Dave

Hi Dave,

I have restored 5 or 6 now. Have a beauty with matching speaker that I
love. One I have here has a Heath green front panel- and it will be
resilkscreened. So, if you find one that has a bad panel- write and see if
I have gotten the screen made up. Also have spare S meter movements- they
often have open windings.

Dale W4OP

Dale Parfitt October 17th 03 05:39 PM

Dave Edwards wrote:

Don't need a model number, I think there was only one...
Anyone have one of these receivers around that they are no longer
interested in?
I always wanted to fool with one, so...just thought I would check here.
Thanks....Dave

Hi Dave,

I have restored 5 or 6 now- mostly for frineds.. Have kept a beauty with
matching speaker that I love and use often.. One I have here has a Heath

Dan/W4NTI October 17th 03 11:56 PM

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
Don't need a model number, I think there was only one...
Anyone have one of these receivers around that they are no longer
interested in?
I always wanted to fool with one, so...just thought I would check here.
Thanks....Dave

That brings back some memories. The model number was CM-1 if I recall. I
had one back around 63. I had forgotten I even had one of those. Im in the
process of 'collecting' my old stations.. hi.

Dan/W4NTI

George McCouch October 18th 03 01:24 AM

In article et,

Is the CM1 the reciever that used the same tube for all receiver
stages? I think it was supposed to compete with the Drake 2A and 2B in
the early 60s. I have seen them but never used one. How did they work?
Did they approach the performance of the 2B?

73
George
K3UD

--
Remove the "1" in the address to reply via email

Dale Parfitt October 18th 03 02:10 AM

George McCouch wrote:

In article et,

Is the CM1 the reciever that used the same tube for all receiver
stages? I think it was supposed to compete with the Drake 2A and 2B in
the early 60s. I have seen them but never used one. How did they work?
Did they approach the performance of the 2B?

73
George
K3UD

They are no 2B- but still a nice RX- They were about 2/3 the cost of a 2B ($175
for the CM-1). 5 6AW8A's- triode/pentode. It is really an 80M RX with xtal
controlled converters for the other bands. In a day when even the nicest
Hallicrafters or Hammarlunds sported 50 Kc calibration marks- the CM-1 had marks
every 10 KHz on all bands- and of course, the stability of an 80M RX on 10M. They
came in 2 styles all grey front panel with horizontal black pin striping 2/3 the
way up and a black freq window bezel and a panel that was black on the upper 1/3
with a grey freq bezel. The former, in my opinion is the snazzier looking RX.
Even rarer than the CM-1 is the matching CMS-1 speaker. The grill cloth is black
with a gold painted "thread" pattern making loops through out. I have recreated
the cloth using a special gold acrylic paint- awfully close to the original cloth.

BTW, Collins S-Line grey is a near perfect match for the Mosley colors.
I have a nice difital pix of my CM-1 and CMS-1 if anyone would like to see it.
Dale W4OP

Dan/W4NTI October 18th 03 11:45 PM

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message

George McCouch wrote:

[...]

Whats the link? Would love to see them.

Dan/W4NTI

Dan/W4NTI October 18th 03 11:45 PM

George McCouch wrote:

[...]

October 20th 03 01:43 AM

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:25:56 UTC, "Dave Edwards"
wrote:

Don't need a model number, I think there was only one...
Anyone have one of these receivers around that they are no longer
interested in?
I always wanted to fool with one, so...just thought I would check here.
Thanks....Dave

CM-1

Some were factory built, some were parts kits. I had a parts kit
but never completed it as there were too many missing components.

de ah6gi/4

Chris Fuller October 23rd 03 06:57 PM

Hi Dave,

I have restored 5 or 6 now- mostly for frineds.. Have kept a beauty with
matching speaker that I love and use often.. One I have here has a Heath
green front panel- and it will be resilkscreened. So, if you find one that
has a bad panel- write and see if I have gotten the screen made up. Also
have spare S meter movements- they often have open windings.

Dale W4OP

hi dale ,i too have a mosley cm1 with the matching speaker.im however in
need of the s meter movement.ive been looking for one for awhile now.if
your interested in selling your spare please email me
chris

Bill Turner October 24th 03 01:48 AM

In case you need it, it CM-1. BILL

Bill Turner October 24th 03 01:48 AM

In case you need it, it CM-1. BILL

Bill Turner October 24th 03 01:54 AM

Gateway Electroncs in St. Louis unloaded the remains of the line. I
still have a AC VTVM build in one of the speaker cases. BILL

Bill Turner October 24th 03 01:54 AM

jakdedert October 24th 03 04:03 AM

Hey Bill, how come you use the shift key in this ng, but don't do so over in
RAR+P?

jak

Dale Parfitt October 25th 03 04:33 AM

Whats the link? Would love to see them.

Dan/W4NTI

Not posted Dan- I can send you a JPEG.

Dale W4OP

Dale Parfitt October 25th 03 04:33 AM

Dan/W4NTI October 25th 03 03:51 PM

That would be fine. Remove whats needed from my address.

Thanks

Dan/W4NTI

Harry MacLean VE3GRO October 29th 03 02:16 PM

They're scarce as hen's teeth. I have one in beautiful cosmetic condition, with
matching speaker, but not working--yet. If you get one and want to chat about
getting them (yours and mine) going, let me know. I suspect with mine it's
just something simple I don't know about yet (like a standby-receive line that
needs to be grounded). Haven't gotten into it. Too many other projects, some of
them even radio-related, hi. Cheers and 73 from London, Ontario. Harry, VE3GRO
Harry MacLean, VE3GRO
500 Riverside Drive, London, ON N6H 2R7
(519) 473-1668

Dale Parfitt November 1st 03 03:20 PM

"Here's the pix. Sorry it took so long to locate.
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_old/old/cm-1.jpg
Dale W4OP

Dale Parfitt November 1st 03 03:20 PM