RadioBanter

-   -   Unusual (in Spain) finding! (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/4145-unusual-spain-finding.html)

Jose V. Gavila October 20th 03 07:49 AM

Unusual (in Spain) finding!

Good morning,

Yesterday, while attending a local fleamarket (not radio related), a
large dark grey box got my attention. I could not believe it; in the
middle of lots of other items (mostly _real_ junk!), there was a lonely
National NC-183D!. In about two years, it is the second BA I see in that
market (the other was a BC-348 which was fastly sold). The 183D was not
in great shape, having scratches all around it, some oxide, a couple
missing knobs (I will post later for help on this). It was about a 5 on
a 1-10 scale. Internally it was dirt but complete, with all tubes.

I asked price and got 80 Euro (about US$92) as an answer... finally, I
got it for 60 Euro (about US$69)

Of course, money left my wallet and the NC-183D went to my car's boot
:-)

I think it is a nice winter project and hope to be able to restore it to
its former glory (more to come about this as works start)

Regards from a happy camper :-)

JOSE