RadioBanter

-   -   sidetone of HW-101 (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/4212-re-sidetone-hw-101-a.html)

G. Skiffington October 22nd 03 10:55 PM

sidetone of HW-101

Took a look at the schematic Daniel and think your idea should do the
trick.....if it was me I'd try something like a 1 meg pot to ground at
that junction with the wiper going to C311 (raid your junk box....I'd
stick with something high value).

73 - Keep on tinkering - THAT is real ham radio

Gord - VE1AJF

Dan/W4NTI October 22nd 03 11:00 PM

"G. Skiffington" wrote in message
Took a look at the schematic Daniel and think your idea should do the
trick.....if it was me I'd try something like a 1 meg pot to ground at
that junction with the wiper going to C311 (raid your junk box....I'd
stick with something high value).

73 - Keep on tinkering - THAT is real ham radio

Gord - VE1AJF

Probably what happened is the original carbon resistor (s) have changed
value. Play around and/or replace the original with new ones.

Dan/W4NTI

Dan/W4NTI October 22nd 03 11:00 PM

"G. Skiffington" wrote in message
Took a look at the schematic Daniel and think your idea should do the
trick.....if it was me I'd try something like a 1 meg pot to ground at
that junction with the wiper going to C311 (raid your junk box....I'd
stick with something high value).

73 - Keep on tinkering - THAT is real ham radio

Gord - VE1AJF

Probably what happened is the original carbon resistor (s) have changed
value. Play around and/or replace the original with new ones.

Dan/W4NTI

October 29th 03 02:45 AM

Daniel,
email me at . I have a great pdf file that has all kinds of
very good HW-100 and HW-101 mods (sidetone included). I will email it to
you....

Mark W4UDX
owner of a poor ole' HW-100 that nobody else wants...

"Daniel" wrote in message
HI
I'm looking for the fix that cure the sidetone too loud of the HW-101.
(Perhaps a potentiometer between R326 and C311 ?)
Mr Google is not very talkative !
73 Daniel