RadioBanter

-   -   Info in mil. receiver needed (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/4428-info-mil-receiver-needed.html)

Tom Lager October 31st 03 03:31 PM

Info in mil. receiver needed

I'm not sure if this is the right place, so please advise if I should be
posting this elsewhere. I'm into restoring vintage commercial radios,
Philco, Zenith, etc., and a friend asked me to try to find some info on an
ancient military receiver for him. All he can find on the name plate is
RME6900 Receiver. I am assuming this is a code number refering to the unit
type and manufacturer. Anybody out there with knowledge of this receiver?
Where can I go for more info? Thanks in advance.

Tom

Scott Dorsey October 31st 03 03:58 PM

Tom Lager wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place, so please advise if I should be
posting this elsewhere. I'm into restoring vintage commercial radios,
Philco, Zenith, etc., and a friend asked me to try to find some info on an
ancient military receiver for him. All he can find on the name plate is
RME6900 Receiver. I am assuming this is a code number refering to the unit
type and manufacturer. Anybody out there with knowledge of this receiver?
Where can I go for more info? Thanks in advance.

Ancient? The RME stuff is fairly new. It's not military gear, though,
but more cheaply made stuff for the ham radio market.

Check out http://www.qsl.net/la5ki/org/rm/rm.htm
--scott

--exray-- October 31st 03 03:59 PM

Tom Lager wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place, so please advise if I should be
posting this elsewhere. I'm into restoring vintage commercial radios,
Philco, Zenith, etc., and a friend asked me to try to find some info on an
ancient military receiver for him. All he can find on the name plate is
RME6900 Receiver. I am assuming this is a code number refering to the unit
type and manufacturer. Anybody out there with knowledge of this receiver?
Where can I go for more info? Thanks in advance.

Tom

http://www.qsl.net/la5ki/org/rm/rm.htm
Manual at:
http://bama.sbc.edu/rme.htm

-Bill

Tom Lager October 31st 03 11:55 PM

--exray-- wrote in :

Tom Lager wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place, so please advise if I should
be posting this elsewhere. I'm into restoring vintage commercial
radios, Philco, Zenith, etc., and a friend asked me to try to find
some info on an ancient military receiver for him. All he can find
on the name plate is RME6900 Receiver. I am assuming this is a code
number refering to the unit type and manufacturer. Anybody out there
with knowledge of this receiver? Where can I go for more info?
Thanks in advance.

Tom

http://www.qsl.net/la5ki/org/rm/rm.htm
Manual at:
http://bama.sbc.edu/rme.htm

-Bill

I'll check out both references. Thanks for the help.

Dave Holford November 1st 03 02:59 AM

Tom Lager wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the right place, so please advise if I should be
posting this elsewhere. I'm into restoring vintage commercial radios,
Philco, Zenith, etc., and a friend asked me to try to find some info on an
ancient military receiver for him. All he can find on the name plate is
RME6900 Receiver. I am assuming this is a code number refering to the unit
type and manufacturer. Anybody out there with knowledge of this receiver?
Where can I go for more info? Thanks in advance.

Tom

It was an Amateur receiver. RME was the manufacturer and 6900 was the
model.

Do a google search for RME 6900 and you will get over 500 hits, which
should provide you plenty of data on this receiver.

Dave

Mike Knudsen November 1st 03 03:35 AM

In article , (Tom Lager)
writes:

I'm not sure if this is the right place, so please advise if I should be
posting this elsewhere. I'm into restoring vintage commercial radios,
Philco, Zenith, etc., and a friend asked me to try to find some info on an
ancient military receiver for him. All he can find on the name plate is
RME6900 Receiver.

Yes this is the perfect group. The RME is a vintage 1950-60s Ham Radio
receiver, a fairly good set with precise tuning. --Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.