RadioBanter

-   -   info. Wanted ft-901dm (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/5009-info-wanted-ft-901dm.html)

lee December 21st 03 03:16 AM

info. Wanted ft-901dm

Hi, everyone. I on the hunt for some information around the final
tubes for a ft-901dm. When I power up the unit, one of the tubes(closer to
the
front) starts to glow bright red(heater of course) compared to the other
tube.
I've tested both tubes before they were installed and both passed(no shorts,
etc.).

So I'm asking for some help from the tubers in the community on this
one.

thanks for looking,

Lee

Phil Witt December 21st 03 03:39 AM

Sounds like a bias problem. Check the voltage on the control grids of
the 6146s. Should be negative and about the same for both tubes. I
assume you're saying the one tube glows bright red in the middle of
the tube.