RadioBanter

-   -   Question on PEQ2200 equalizer and D-104 mic (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/5034-question-peq2200-equalizer-d-104-mic.html)

EZela57383 December 25th 03 03:15 PM

Question on PEQ2200 equalizer and D-104 mic

Hello and Merry Christmas,

Can someone tell me if the Behringer PEQ2200 equalizer (used now by AM'ers with
boatanchor rigs) will mate up with the Astatic D-104 mic and high impedance
input of most boatanchor transmitters (i.e. 8 meg) with no imedance matching
required? In other words does this unit have HI-Z input and output?

Thanks

Emil
KA8GEF

Frank Mayer December 27th 03 12:27 PM

This unit does not have a high impedance input but the output from one of
these can drive a boatanchor directly.

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Scott Dorsey December 27th 03 03:26 PM

EZela57383 wrote:

Can someone tell me if the Behringer PEQ2200 equalizer (used now by AM'ers with
boatanchor rigs) will mate up with the Astatic D-104 mic and high impedance
input of most boatanchor transmitters (i.e. 8 meg) with no imedance matching
required? In other words does this unit have HI-Z input and output?

Probably not. I would bet it has a line level input only so you will need
a preamp.
--scott

Dbowey December 27th 03 11:44 PM

The D-104 should be an ideal match for boatanchor inputs without any additional
equipment. Are you wanting to roll off the highs?