RadioBanter

-   -   FREE: Gonset GSB-100 chassis - PICKUP PREFERRED (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/5064-free-gonset-gsb-100-chassis-pickup-preferred.html)

Dave December 29th 03 10:49 PM

FREE: Gonset GSB-100 chassis - PICKUP PREFERRED

Hello,

Just saving this from the dump. It's a Gonset GSB-100
chassis - missing most of the 'good stuff' - no VFO, no
face, no knobs, no tubes, and no power transformer.
JUST the chassis with all the IF cans, tank coils,
interstage xfmrs, sockets, and all the parts on the under
side of the chassis. No tank capacitors and absolutely
NO cosmetic parts or xtals at all. Also has the bottom cover
only - it's a molded part of the case, but no top part. Again,
NONE of the 'good stuff' is left - drum, dial, xfmr, xtals, etc.
Most of that all went into restoring my own GSB-100. But
still some good stuff here that doesn't deserve the dump.

FREE for pickup in Tacoma, WA or you pay a packing
charge and shipping charge. I really don't consider this
worth the $20 - $30 it would cost to ship, so please consider
that before saying you want it.

Email if you're local and I'll work out the pickup. I'm off to
the dump right now - this chassis got a reprieve, but it
won't last long - it goes to the dump a week from today
if still here.

Thanks,

Dave WB7AWK

Dbowey December 30th 03 03:25 AM

"FREE for pickup in Tacoma, WA ...."

That is a generous offer. More of us should do this.

Don

December 30th 03 05:25 AM

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 02:25:54 UTC, (Dbowey) wrote:

"FREE for pickup in Tacoma, WA ...."

That is a generous offer. More of us should do this.

Don

Lots of folk have the giving-gene but you have to be in the right
place at the right time.

I've seen piles of stuff left at ham fests, some vendors have
"FREE" bins that you can pick over.

Then there was the weird happening at the last Timonium hamfest. I
mentioned it on a fixer listserv and someone posted pictures.

Timonium, early spring. A freak snowstorm came up and a tailgater
who was selling two CONVEX supercomputers, abandoned them
along with a couple dozen Compaq Proliant servers. These were not
the junky home-grade Compaqs, these were commercial servers with
hot-swap, RAID drives in them.

The CONVEX was a full six foot, 19 inch rack, loaded with more
hot-swap, RAID drives.

I pulled some memory from a Compaq and a couple hot-swap modules as
souvenirs. People were smashing the stuff like something out of an
end-of-civilization movie. There were piles of SVGA tube-style
monitors.

If I had a truck, I would have hauled a CONVEX away just for the
rack.

But yeah, good for Don. Someone, somewhere has a desperate need for
the parts in that GSB-100.

de ah6gi/4