RadioBanter

-   -   "zenith long distance" (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/5387-%22zenith-long-distance%22.html)

lorentzson February 2nd 04 08:51 PM

"zenith long distance"

My son in law ask me to check and see what a Zenith Long Distance old
wooden radio was worth. He just told me he had it 'on' last nite and
the am part worked,,,,, I told him he may need a antenna for the SW
section of the radio. Would appreicate more ''info/input'' about this
radio. He sent me pictures but they are not 'off the net''. I wanted
to have a place to "forward" somone to in case they could not bring
the radio 'to mind'. thanks in advance.

- - Bill - - February 2nd 04 09:57 PM

lorentzson wrote:
My son in law ask me to check and see what a Zenith Long Distance old
wooden radio was worth. He just told me he had it 'on' last nite and
the am part worked,,,,, I told him he may need a antenna for the SW
section of the radio. Would appreicate more ''info/input'' about this
radio. He sent me pictures but they are not 'off the net''. I wanted
to have a place to "forward" somone to in case they could not bring
the radio 'to mind'. thanks in advance.

Probably ought to replace all the electrolytics and paper caps before
playing it very much..
Schematics can be found at http://www.nostalgiaair.org

Once you get a model number a question on rec.antiques.radio+phono might
get you some specifics although "value" questions usually don't get good
response.

-BM