RadioBanter

-   -   Ultimate Mil Radio Playhouses! (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/5432-ultimate-mil-radio-playhouses.html)

Chris Bowne February 7th 04 10:14 PM

Ultimate Mil Radio Playhouses!

Brian Hill February 7th 04 10:31 PM

$42,500.00. Are you serious?

--
73 and good DXing
RX:
R-5000, SP-600 JX-6, SX-28
Ant:
100' longwire, Evesdropper Dipole

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Chris Bowne February 8th 04 03:48 AM

Honestly, I don't know who would pay that either = that's more than my first
house caught. Wonder what they would be empty?

But wouldn't it be cool to have a few neatly tucked out in the back yard,
hidden by some nice landscaping, loaded out with all sorts of vintage mil
spec BAs?

Chris Bowne, AJ1G
Stonington, CT

"Brian Hill" brianehill@charterDOTnet wrote in message

$42,500.00. Are you serious?

Uncle Peter February 8th 04 04:09 PM

"Chris Bowne" wrote in message
Honestly, I don't know who would pay that either = that's more than my

first
house caught. Wonder what they would be empty?

But wouldn't it be cool to have a few neatly tucked out in the back yard,
hidden by some nice landscaping, loaded out with all sorts of vintage mil
spec BAs?

Those are aimed at commercial customers--cell site operators, fiber
optic nodes, radio bungaloos at leased tower locations... NOT for cheap
hams!

Pete

Dbowey February 8th 04 05:09 PM

Those are aimed at commercial customers--cell site operators, fiber
optic nodes, radio bungaloos at leased tower locations...

No major Cellular Carrier would pay that price for one. It would cost too much
to contract someone rip out the junk and then modify the building for their
use.

Don