Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 15th 04, 02:38 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default HP 456A ??

I just got this HP 456A AC Current Probe and need some help to get it going.
The 1977 HP catalog indicates that it could operate 400 hours on batteries,
not very long for what's in it. The dead batteries that came with it are
Mallory TR 236R at 8.1 volts and TR 234R at 5.4 volts, these are C size
diameter. There are only two 2N5087 transistors, a diode, and a few
resistors and capacitors in the circuit, what's the current draw? I am not
sure that these are the correct batteries but would like to know if anyone
out there can be confirm the batteries or has a schematic, manual or AC
power supply. If I can't find an HP optional AC supply I think I'll build
a little Zener stabilized supply after I get the voltages confimred.
tnx
Hank WD5JFR