RadioBanter

-   -   Wtd. Collins radio advert (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/5913-wtd-collins-radio-advert.html)

Ralph Cameron March 29th 04 08:26 PM

Wtd. Collins radio advert

I am looking for a Collins radio advertisement that shows the four or five
aircraft the Collins ART-13 transmitter was used in.

The advertisement appeared in a 1945 or 1946 issue of QST.
If anyone can help I'd be grateful
Thanks
Ralph VE3BBM

Scott Dorsey March 29th 04 08:33 PM

Ralph Cameron wrote:
I am looking for a Collins radio advertisement that shows the four or five
aircraft the Collins ART-13 transmitter was used in.

The advertisement appeared in a 1945 or 1946 issue of QST.

Your local library can't get you some bound QST editions?
--scott

W6JCW Bob March 30th 04 05:54 AM

"Ralph Cameron" wrote in
:

I am looking for a Collins radio advertisement that shows the four or
five aircraft the Collins ART-13 transmitter was used in.

The advertisement appeared in a 1945 or 1946 issue of QST.
If anyone can help I'd be grateful
Thanks
Ralph VE3BBM

If you can get a little closer to actual date, I can get you a copy of
the ad as I have all QST's from 40 to 49. I don't want to have to wade
through two years worth.

K3HVG March 31st 04 12:22 AM

I too have all the requisite QSTs and will have a look (inasmuch as I
run a ATC). I think you'll find that the ART-13 was used in
considerably more than 4 aircraft, between the Navy, the AAF, the Brits,
and others. I can think of about 10 acft that commonly used either the
ART-13 or the Navy ATC. Regards de K3HVG