RadioBanter

-   -   Help: Bulb on Kenwood TS520 (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/5988-help-bulb-kenwood-ts520.html)

[email protected] April 6th 04 04:31 PM

Help: Bulb on Kenwood TS520

Hi
I just got a Kenwood TS-520 and the bulb on the dial is out.
The bulbs on meter are working great.
I took off top cover and don't see a bulb for the dial?
Is it hidden? Can someone give me info on where to look?
Thanks.Rich

[email protected] April 7th 04 02:15 AM

wrote in message . ..
Hi
I just got a Kenwood TS-520 and the bulb on the dial is out.
The bulbs on meter are working great.
I took off top cover and don't see a bulb for the dial?
Is it hidden? Can someone give me info on where to look?
Thanks.Rich

The lamp is located behind main tuning system..follow two wires into a
rubber grommet.take a small screw driver and pry the lamp and grommet
out..You can find a suitable lamp at Radio Shack ..smallamp with two
wires abt 4" long..splice the wires together and insulate them with
small spaghetti tubing..good luck, Harold W4PQW